Usually, when we create a table we use one set of data. But you may find yourself in a situation when it’s not enough. Fortunately, Excel is a powerful spreadsheet, so it can deal with this problem.
We are going to use the following example.
Add two sets of data to a chart
In order to create a chart and add the second plot, follow these steps.
- Click any cell inside the first table.
- Choose Insert >> Charts >> Scatter Chart.
- Click the chart, then click Design >> Data >> Select Data. A new window will appear.
- If you click Edit in Legend Entries (Series) you can see what type of data is there. Copy these values to a text editor.
- Click Add to create a new series and enter new data.
- Click OK inside the edit series, and one more time in Select Data Source.
- This is how our new chart looks like.